COVID 19 – PETER MORTON
Moving with Peter Morton Removals during the COVIC 19 Pandemic
Our aim is to make your move as safe and comfortable as possible within the challenges presented to us all by COVID 19.
The virus is still very much a threat so it is important we share responsibility to reduce inadvertent transmission between you as our customer, our work colleagues and of course our respective families.
We continue to work with our trade association, The British Association of Removers (BAR) in having a procedure to minimise these risks.
Our aim is to socially distance as much as possible, but in the course of a removal this is not always possible for our staff. We issue them with suitable PPE, but again this only offers limited protection so we would also respectfully ask you, as our customer, to assist us before and during the removal.
The following is not an exhaustive list, but some of the things that can help reduce the risks for us all and we would ask you to consider them carefully:
- Carry out a deep clean prior to the move of both your home and possessions.
- Consider self-pack miscellaneous and non-breakable items wherever possible (cartons and packing materials can be supplied in advance).
- If possible, dismantle and re-assemble furniture items.
- Reduce the number of people present during the move to a minimum and ensure they socially distance from our team.
- If you are particularly vulnerable, consider asking a family member or other representative to supervise the move for you.
- Sometimes our staff may not be able to wear a mask but please do wear a facemask yourself whilst our crews are in your home and remember to keep the 2m distance.
- Talk to our crew about making one room a “safe room” for your comfort whilst we are working. We will make this the last room we move. It’s another way of helping to reduce contact.
- The risk may be low on pet transmission, but it is still wise to keep them away from the move.
- Where possible, separate wash and toilet facilities for our crew that can be sanitised before and after the move.
- Windows and even doors (where appropriate) should be opened to maximise ventilation.
- Completed job sheets/inventories etc. can be signed by our staff under your supervision and emailed later to avoid contact – if requested by yourselves.
- Most importantly please notify us if any of your household are unwell with Coronavirus type symptoms or have contracted the COVID-19 virus in the last 14 days.
We have taken all practical measures to ensure we are compliant with the Cyprus Government and local government guidelines:
“Working safely during COVID-19 in or from a vehicle”
Of paramount importance in these unprecedented times is following Government guidelines and putting the safety of our staff and customers above all else. Therefore, if extraordinary circumstances dictate, we do reserve the right to cancel or postpone the removal to safeguard everyone involved.
At the time of providing this quote, Cyprus is experiencing serious risk from the Coronavirus COVID-19. The Government continues to implement measures to combat the spread of the Virus. In the event that such measures are put in place which impact our ability to provide services to you (including but not limited to us having to suspend or cancel in full the services), or the Virus otherwise affects our ability to fulfil your relocation, we will not accept any liability for any losses that may arise and we limit our liability accordingly.
We monitor the situation on a daily basis and will ensure that all customers are advised of any developments that may affect their move.
If you have particular concerns about your own circumstances, then please call us so we can work together in planning the safest move for you.
For any further enquirys you may have please Contact Us .
Do you follow us on Facebook? If not follow us now to to stay up-to-date with all of our latest news!